Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tycertank's #WoWscreenshotaday Challenge: Day 25

Today's is "Culture"



















World of Warcraft was my first step into the culture that is MMORPG.

I was no stranger to computer gaming. I had been actively playing

- SIMs (and all expansions)
- SIMs2 (and all expansions)
- SIMs3 (and most expansions)
- Sid Meier's Pirates
- Sid Meier's Golf
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
- Command & Conquer: The First Decade
- The Elder Scrolls III (Morrowind, Tribunal & Bloodmoon)
- Age of Empires
- and Civilization (III and IV)

 when Dharm bought me WoW for a Christmas present in 2006. I was immediately hooked and have been playing WoW since.

I still play a few of the above mentioned games, but I don't enjoy them nearly as much as I do when I play an MMO. Even though I'm not a real "chatty cathy", and tend to do a lot of solo playing while online, there is something to be said for seeing others online doing the same thing I am...playing a game and having fun. Sometimes I find myself just standing still watching others around me busy doing whatever it is they are doing.

I've tried a few other MMOs and have enjoyed them a lot. Even though I usually played alone I really didn't feel alone...unlike when playing my normal computer games.

If I could flip a switch and make all my normal computer games into an MMO of some sort, where the play style would still be basically the same but with other people around to chit-chat with or do things with, I would be one happy camper.

I am thankful for Dharm buying me WoW and introducing me to the MMO culture of gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment