Monday, February 11, 2013

My Latest Transmog Entrants

Matty, over at Sugar & Blood, is hosting a Movie Mog Contest!

Yay! Another reason to play dress-up!

This particular contest is just for fun and we do not have to follow the normal "transmogrification rules" that the game imposes on us. We can mix and match armor types if we want. We don't even have to collect the items for the set...images taken from the addon MogIt, or from the WoW Model Viewer program, are allowed.

The outfits we need to come up with must represent characters from one/some of our favorite movies. We have to create a look for 3 characters.

I'd like to show you all my entries from one of my all time favorite movies, 'Star Wars - A New Hope'.

First up, Obi-Wan Kenobi:


Obi-Wan is wearing:


Next, we have Luke Skywalker:

 
Luke is wearing:


And, for my last entrant, I give you Han Solo:

 
Han is wearing:

Han was, by far, the hardest outfit to put together. WoW is very limited on its selections of plain black clothing/armor.

Not to mention there are no handguns at all in the game. The one I have him sporting is the closest you'll find to a "hand gun" look.

I hope you liked my outfits. I've seen some of the outfits other contestants have put together...and all I can say is there's some tough competition out there. May the best transmogger win!

11 comments:

  1. These look great. I've started working on a couple ideas myself which will hopefully be up later this week :)

    Also - welcome to blogger :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Malk!

    So far I'm happy with Blogger...although I miss being more in control of my files and such. My old site was installed right at my web host so I had complete access to everything. I'm not finding the admin section here as user friendly....unless I just haven't dug deep enough into it.

    I look forward to seeing what outfits you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about the limitations on plain black clothing choices, I ran into that issue myself. I love your mogs though, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel about the limitations. Great job though. All three look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Starre and Cymre for the compliments. I had fun doing this one...even though Han's outfit made me pull my hair out a little bit.

      P.S. - Cymre, I'm dying to hear what you had to say about my orange pets. I re-posted it so you could comment. Get to it lady!

      lol

      Delete
  5. Han Solo is great, but Obi-Wan Kenobi I just love! I've been looking at all the entries and I'm running out of adjectives! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an amazing job with these outfits they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Tome and Pando!

    And I know what you mean Tome...everyone has done an outstanding job and there limited ways to tell them so without sounding like a parrot.

    lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Han Solo and Luke!! I love the pants/boots combo for Luke, really perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obi Wan is just how I'd imagined Thel! Star wars seemed to be a popular choice and you were cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anouk and Navi! This was a fun contest. Can't wait for someone else to create one....hmmmm....maybe I'll do that.

      Delete