Saturday, August 3, 2013

Tycertank's #WoWscreenshotaday Challenge: Days 1-3

This morning, while reading over at The Daily Frostwolf, I learned about a screenshot challenge being hosted by Tycertank over at Toonacious!. I'm a few days late, but according to the rules posted here, that's okay. I can still take part in the challenge.

In short, the contest is to post a screenshot a day throughout the month of August following a list of topics provided by Tycertank.

My writings here have been pretty sparse. However, I will do my best to keep up to date with the challenge. Below you will find my entries, for days one through three of the challenge, along with short descriptions of the screenshots.

Day 1 - Something Beginning with "N"

Many years ago our guild would do fun & silly things to celebrate our guild's anniversary. The above screenshot is of one of those silly things. For "N" I present you with a shot of our guild doing 'Naked Flagged Fishing'.

Simply put, we would head over to The Barrens, get naked, flag ourselves for PvP and then fish. Things would usually end up with all of us dead (depending on how many Horde came by). But, as you can see in the photo, sometimes the Horde players would join in on the fun. (dancing Tauren & fishing Troll both naked)

Day 2 - Incomplete

This photo can be taken in one of two ways...or both.

One Way - My lovely, little, Gnome Warlock came across an incomplete section of one of the canals in Stormwind (ok...it's a glitch...but I think it still counts) and decided to jump in and see what was up.

Other Way - Just look at that mess of a UI!!!!! This screenshot is back from the days of The Burning Crusade expansion. I was relatively new to the game and my UI was ALWAYS a work in progress...hence incomplete. Today my UI is much more minimal & streamlined than that mess above.

Day 3 - Skyline

This one was a toughie. When I think of skylines I can't help but think of real world metropolises (that doesn't look like it's spelled correct) like New York City. Well, we have no "New York Cities" in WoW. The closest, I feel, would be Dalaran...as we are shown in Redcow's photo entrant here.

The many varied pillars in Dalaran are the closest we have to real life skyscrapers in WoW. But I don't want to post a photo that another person has posted. What can I post?

Lylabean, over at The Harpy's Nest, posted the definitions of "skyline". After reading that it hit me and I knew exactly what to take of shot of and post for this entrant. I give you Ironforge Mountain.


So there you have it...my #WoWscreenshotaday entries for days one through three. Keep your eyes peeled for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment