Monday, February 18, 2013

Musical Monday - 'I Feel Love' (Blue Man Group)

Here we are...the first, official 'Musical Monday' post. Today's featured artist(s) is/are the Blue Man Group performing their rendition of 'I Feel Love'.

Blue Man Group & Venus Hum - I Feel Love

Donna Summer first recorded this song in 1976 and was released in 1977 on her album titled 'I Remember Yesterday'. According to the song's Wikipedia page, 'I Feel Love' "... reached number one in the UK Singles Chart, number six on the Billboard Hot 100 in the US and number nine on the Hot Soul Chart. It quickly became popular in gay dance clubs and was adopted as a gay anthem. "I Feel Love" is ranked #418 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time... ".

It wasn't until 2003 that the Blue Man Group put their spin on it, with Venus Hum on vocals, and performed it live. They also released it on their album titled 'The Complex'.

I've seen the Blue Man Group perform once. Sadly, this song was not a part of their performance.

I have always loved the original version, by Donna Summer, but this version has that extra "oomph" that makes me want to crank the volume up until the walls fall down. I find it impossible to sit still while listening to this version...whether I'm at my desk, in my car or just doing stuff around the house...if this song is on, I'm in overdrive and there's no stopping me until the song is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment