Monday, February 25, 2013

Musical Monday - 'Happy House (Siouxsie and the Banshees)

Today's featured artist is Siouxsie and the Banshees, with their song 'Happy House'.


There are many songs I like by Siouxsie and the Banshees, but I wanted to share this one because it's kind of a fun song....and I'm kind of in a fun mood.

Now, I know this song isn't really  about happy houses...but for the last week things in my "house" have been "happy". I got a promotion at work and have been in a really good mood since.

When asked if this song was "cynical", Siouxsie's reply was (according to the Wiki...yes, I use Wiki a lot),
"...sarcastic. In a way, like television, all the medias, it is like adverts, the perfect family where as it is more common that husbands beat their wives. There are mental families really. The projection is everyone smiling, blond hair, sunshine, eating butter without fat and everyone perfect."
 I tend to not pay attention to the "meaning" of many songs out there. For me, if it has a good beat, or melody, I'll like it. Sometimes getting too caught up in the lyrics ruins a song for me.

Which is why I like this song. It's got a light, and fun, atmosphere to it, if you ignore the meaning behind the lyrics that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment